Below are the lab policies. Please read them carefully as violations are taken seriously.
401, 402 and 405 General Usage Policy:
- No food or drink in the lab. The only exception is water in a container with a lid.
- No moving of equipment or keyboards.
- Do not remove hardware from desks
- Do not move MIDI keyboards out of position (off to the side, behind the computer, etc.)
- Do not move computers out of position.
- No removal of peripherals (keyboards, mice)
- No unplugging of anything from anywhere (mice, keyboards, headphones, etc.) If you have to unplug headphones, please plug them back in when you are done.
- If you must open a window, PLEASE remember to close it when you leave. Rain and debris have destroyed equipment.
403 Advanced Lab Policy
- The use of headphones is required between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- No eating or drinking in the studio.
- Do not move or unplug any audio or MIDI devices.
- Do not re-configure or re-route any audio cables or hardware devices.
- Never remove (“borrow”) anything from the studio. (ex. mics, cables, etc.)
- Leave the room in as good of a condition (or better) as you found it.
Safety and Security:
- If you open the window, close and lock it before you leave. Do not, for any reason, climb out the window.
- Log out of the computer and turn the pre-amplifier off before you leave.
- Do not use the soldering irons without prior permission.
- Do not let anyone into the studio unless you know them and you know they have permission to be in the studio.
- You are legally responsible for anyone you let into the room (friends, musicians, etc.) Your Yale ID is recorded when you enter the room and will be used to determine who entered the studio prior to discovery of damaged or missing equipment.